To ensure the livestock and other food security and livelihood related interventions are successfully implemented according to approved donor and government agreements; and that the human, material and financial resources of the project are well managed in line with IR financial and donor guidelines.
· Develop and regularly update a detailed project work plan guiding the project implementation and ensure the project team under your supervision to monitor project progress towards completion.
· Provide necessary technical support towards cash transfer and livestock treatment
· Identify appropriate inputs for animal health service and provide necessary support to local community in this regard
· Support the target community members in improving livestock treatment culture
· Support the local government structures in improving animal health service
· prepare and review quarterly and project life time activity plans and budget for the project under implementation
· Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly activity plans and reports of the project, and Submit to the relevant staff on time.
· Identify direct project beneficiaries in collaboration with the local community representatives and stakeholders from the government.
· Technically lead livelihood and food security activities of the project
· Work closely with all stakeholders and ensure the community participation in the project activities.
· Work closely in a team with other project officers and contribute to the maximum of his /her knowledge to the project team in his/her areas of profession as deemed necessary
· Perform other functions as requested by the immediate supervisor
Qualification/Experiences and Skills Requirements
- Minimum a first degree in animal science, veterinary or other related field
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Livestock related interventions with the international NGO
- Good technical knowledge on animal health and cash transfer
- Experience in implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages
- Knowledge of the project area and local language (Afan Oromo) is mandatory
How To Apply:
Interested candidates shall provide a non-returnable application dossier contains the followings:
- Application letter stating clearly the Job Title you are applying for and Duty Station; and also write the position title in your subject line for your email.
- Up-to-date CV with (Salary history; Daytime telephone number and or an e-mail address)
- Names and addresses (email and telephone) of three referee persons, at least one of them should be from the recent employer
- Photocopies of all credentials, testimonials and supporting documents;
- Closing date for application is November 18, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send all application through one of the following address:
- Ethiojob website,
- ISLAMIC RELIEF, HUMAN RESOURCE UNIT, P O BOX 27787 CODE 1000, ADDIS ABABA,
- E-mail: ethiopia.HR@islamic-relief.org.et,
In person to Addis Ababa, Country Office around the round about which is found on the way from Wollo Sefer to Wongelawit Building, Tel: 0114700973/66, Head Office