Work Place:-Addis Abeba
Job Type:-Full Time
Salary:-As per ICS Salary Scale
ICS is looking for a highly creative graphic designer, to support global communications across multiple media. This person must experience in both print and electronic media. We’re looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for all graphic design and maintaining the brand and logo standards of the school, all its divisions, programs, and projects.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Graphic designer for all graphics needs including but not limited to:
- Graphic icons, infographics
- Digital displays
- Website graphics
- Layout and design
- Annual Report
- Profiles / One-sheet flyers
- Campus signs, door signs
- Worksheets, internal graphs, grids, etc.
- Student yearbook
- Handbooks, student agendas
- Set designs
- Agenda’s, programs, PowerPoint Presentations
- Print Production
- Getting artwork ready for printing
- Managing the printing process, working with vendors
- BA degree with related field while Masters level is preferred
- Strong English speaking skills
- 7-10 years as a graphic designer
- 5 years of experience developing publications
- Knowledge of the printing process, types of paper, different processes, stitching, etc.
- Work with a mac computer
- Mastery at Adobe Illustrator, photoshop
- Adhere to deadlines
- Ability to set priorities
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to think outside the box and take the initiative, highly creative
- Develop ideas to showcase ICS
- Web design experience a bonus
- Photography and video editing skills a bonus
How to Apply
Interested staff members fulfilling the minimum requirements are invited to send their applications to email@example.com until 18 April 2018.
Copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters should not be included with your application. You will provide the documents upon request.
With your letter of interest and CV please also summit a PDF or link to some work you have done in the past. In particular we would like to see the following:
- magazine or publication cover
- logo or icons or info-graphic
- Powerpoint presentation
If you do not have any of the above, please share any graphic design work you have done in the past.
If asked for an interview, you will be asked to complete a graphic design task based off of a creative brief.
Child Protection – Safe Recruitment Practices
As part of our recruitment practices at our school, employees are required to possess and validate appropriate qualifications for all positions. For all potential hires, we communicate directly with previous references to ensure due diligence within the recruitment process. Once at school, ICS has a professional code of conduct, including Child Protection training reviewed with employees and signed annually.
Accounting and Finance
Admin, Secretarial and Clerical
Banking and Insurance
Business and Administration
Consultancy and Training
Development and Project Managment
Hotel and Hospitality
Human Resource and Recruitment
Media and Journalism
Sales and Marketing